Martin-Pitt Partnership Celebrates Giving Tuesday
What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday is an annual day of support held on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Each year, nonprofits across the world benefit from the generosity of others during this international day of giving. After enjoying the sales and shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday focuses on the spirit of giving back. The holiday is an opportunity for everyone to support the causes that are important to them.
When is Giving Tuesday this year?
This year, Giving Tuesday will be held on December 1, 2020.
How Does Giving Tuesday work?
There are dozens of ways to participate in Giving Tuesday each year. As a supporter of Martin-Pitt Partnership for Children, you can help us reach children, families, and child care providers in several ways, including:
- Making a monetary donation
- Creating a Facebook Fundraiser or donating to our fundraiser
- Donating cleaning supplies for us to supply to local child care providers
- Donate age-appropriate supplies including books, toys, and games for families we serve
- Share information from our blog or social media with your friends, family, and coworkers about the importance of early childhood education
How to Donate on Giving Tuesday
On Giving Tuesday, your donation to the Martin-Pitt Partnership for Children will help continue to support young children’s development and growth to ensure a bright future for every child in our community.
Cleaning Supplies We Need
As you can imagine, many child care providers are struggling to find the quantities of cleaning supplies they need. Here are the most popular items on the wish lists of child care providers:
- Disinfecting wipes
- Disinfecting spray
- Paper towels
- Disinfecting hand soap
Age-Appropriate Toys and Activities
It’s essential that children have access to high-quality materials and activities during their first five years. As we continue to manage the risk of COVID-19 within child care facilities, providing materials that child care providers can clean and disinfect is critical. Items such as Legos, plastic blocks, puzzles, and outdoor activities are a perfect choice. These items provide child care facilities with easy to clean materials that are also educational for the children in their care.
Share Our Message!
Do you want to share our message with people you know but aren’t sure what to say? Here are some great sample Giving Tuesday messages we’ve created. You can also download our graphics — Facebook “Unleash Generosity” | Facebook “Together we can change the world” | Instagram “Unleash Generosity” | Instagram “Together we can change the world”
- #GivingTuesday is a global giving movement that has been built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses, and communities in all 50 states and countries around the world. This year, I am supporting the Martin-Pitt Partnership for Children (MPPFC). The Partnership invests in early childhood education for children from birth through age five in our community to ensure every child has the skills they need to thrive when they reach kindergarten.
- On #GivingTuesday, millions of people come together to support and champion the causes they believe in and the communities in which they live. This year, I’m delighted to support the Martin-Pitt Partnership for Children. Will you join me in being a champion for early childhood education?
- We have two days for great shopping deals – Black Friday and Cyber Monday. #GivingTuesday is a day for giving back. Together, people are creating a new ritual for our annual calendar! Your support of MPPFC means that we can support the early childhood workforce!
- Giving Tuesday is the opening day of the giving season. This day serves as a reminder of the ” reason for the season.” Every act of generosity counts. Each gift means even more when we give together. Join me by supporting early childhood education professionals- make a gift to Martin-Pitt Partnership for Children.
- Together, millions of people utilize Giving Tuesday to demonstrate their shared capacity to give. The Martin-Pitt Partnership for Children strongly supports diversity and equity in the early childhood education profession. Please join me in supporting child care providers and MPPFC!
Look for Giving Tuesday posts on MPPFC’s social channels in the coming week. If you can, consider posting or sharing our messages. And don’t forget to tag us! You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Thank you for sharing the MPPFC Giving Tuesday message. And remember — no gift is too small!