Now Hiring: Program Support Specialist
Martin-Pitt Partnership for Children, Inc. a non-profit organization serving children birth through five and their families, is currently hiring a part-time Program Support Specialist that will be based in our Martin County office.
This position is for 20 to 25 hours per week, Monday through Thursday, and will operate the Partnership’s Resource Room and Lending Library, maintain the membership database, develop relationships with the community to assess their needs, and manage an efficient and effective worker/client-friendly office environment. This position will participate in efforts to educate the community on quality and developmentally appropriate early childhood programs and practices and be responsible for directing the needs of incoming clients to the appropriate individual(s) and/or resource(s), either in person or over the phone. The Program Support Specialist will report directly to the CCR&R Director/Martin County Supervisor and will support all programs throughout the Partnership.
Hiring duties and responsibilities:
The Program Support Specialist’s duties and responsibilities are to:
- Oversee the Partnership’s Lending Library and Resource Room, both in-office and using the agency’s mobile services.
- Maintain the Partnership’s membership database by assisting with membership registration and renewal and ensuring members using the agency’s services have an active membership.
- Build relationships with community members and organizations to assess and meet their needs.
- Manage an effective and efficient office environment for staff and members.
- Participate in on-going professional development opportunities.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
The preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities for a Program Support Specialist hiring candidate include:
- Organizing and maintaining filing systems and accurate documentation.
- Understanding developmentally appropriate practices and techniques for working with children.
- Working independently and organizing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Communicating ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Initiative to plan and execute tasks and programs with minimal direct supervision.
- Presenting a positive attitude and composure in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Establishing rapport and effectively communicating with individuals of varying ages, educational levels, ethnic backgrounds, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Local, state, and federal early childhood issues and legislative processes.
- Operating computer programs, including databases, publishing, spreadsheets, and word processing programs.
Required minimum education/training:
An associate degree in business administration, early childhood education, or a relevant field from an accredited institution, a minimum of one year of office experience, and early childhood classroom experience is required. You must have a valid driver license insurance and be willing to drive a 12-passenger van.
The Program Support Specialist will work in 20 to 25 hours per week, Monday through Thursday, in Martin County, North Carolina. Occasional work on weekends and evenings will be required, as will some travel to the office in Pitt County.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Support Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Open until filled. EOE.