Now Hiring: Part-Time Spanish Language Interpreter
The Martin-Pitt Partnership for Children is accepting applications for a part-time Spanish Language Interpreter/Program Support Assistant. The Program Support/Interpreter will be the lead person in the family engagement process for the Partnership and will assist Parent Educators of Spanish-speaking families within the Parents as Teachers program with interpretation of community resources, support service delivery, and assisting with best practices for working with Spanish-speaking families. This person must be able to work with a variety of people and meet deadlines.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist and provide support and coordination for Spanish-speaking families within the Parents as Teachers program with required procedures, including enrollment, orientations, registration, personal visits, child screenings and assessments, and group connections.
- Assist Spanish-speaking telephone callers with receiving and giving information.
- Translate written materials from English to Spanish, including flyers, letters to parents, calendars, etc.
- Assist the Parents as Teachers program with verbal communication with Spanish-speaking families (e.g., parent activity events, home visits, etc.)
- Attend staffing and meetings with PAT either in small group or one on one as needed.
- Provide resources and referrals to Spanish-speaking families as requested to support their efforts and family engagement plans.
- Ensure that health follow up and screening requirements are met for Spanish-speaking children within the Parents as Teachers program.
- Assist with community outreach and events for the Partnership.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Work flexible hours, including occasional evenings/weekends as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, prioritizes multiple tasks, and makes responsible decisions.
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Initiative to plan and execute tasks with minimal direction.
- Ability to present information effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of organizing and maintaining filing systems and accurate documentation methods.
- Computer proficiency, intermediate troubleshooting ability and experience with networking.
- Computer experience with database, publishing, spreadsheets, and word-processing programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills; high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the Partnership’s personnel manual. (Section VI-G)
- Assist with basic administrative functions within the office.
- May be required to assist with special projects (i.e., research files to provide content for the web site and events), file, assist with mailings, meetings and errands.
How to Apply:
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ” Spanish Language Interpreter/Program Support Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Open until filled. EEO.